1.19.2011

Bubble Up Fashion Competition

Saturday, January 14th, 2011, Heat Night Club on East Avenue hosted a "Bubble Up Fashion Competition." This consisted of chosen contestants to style a design using "Bubble Wrap." I myself participated along with Areli Diaz, one of my models. With the assistance of the Stylist 911 team members, Sarah Lilo Safura (Make-up) and Khadijah Dainae (Hair-Styling), we were able to take the title of "Winner of Bubble up." "It was such an amazing experience, I had a bag loaded with a glue gun, scissors, and tape." I was so sketchy on how this was going to actually turn out, starting piece by piece we developed a "master piece." I started off with cutting the bubble wrap into strips to have a tight fit around her stomach, trimmed around her bra to have a revieling yet classy top. I then cut a piece to add a one shoulder design, I tapped it tight to the back and loose as it fell over her shoulder to the front view, I added glue to the top to add a rippling affect. I then took left over strips of bubble wrap and glued it around her lower waist till it began to appear as a tutu look. Below is the image of Areli Diaz and her "Bubble Up Design."


No comments:

Post a Comment